1. What are two problems that are caused by setting an incorrect boot order in the system BIOS?
>The computer displays an "Invalid Boot Disk" error after POST
>The computer displays a "Missing NTLDR" error after POST
2. A call center technician receives a call from a customer who wishes to add more memory to a laptop to increase graphics performance. Which type of memory should be installed?
3. What are two characteristics of the IEEE 1284 parallel interface standard?
>The two available operative modes are EPP and ECP
>Bi-directional communication is allowed
4. The corporate security policy states that all remote connections use only secure tunnels for transport of data. Which encryption technique secures data traveling across the public Internet as if it were traveling across the corporate LAN?
5. Several messages sent to the network administrator are reporting that access to a secure server using HTTPS is failing. After checking recent updates to the company firewall, the administrator learns that the firewall is blocking HTTPS. Which port should be opened to solve the problem?
6. Which action should be taken first if a card key is lost or stolen?
>Disable the lost card key.
7. The production manager of a small company is experiencing slow performance in a laptop. What should a technician try first in order to correct the problem?
>Defragment the hard disk
8. Which safety precaution should an installer take when installing cable in the ceiling of a building?
>Wear safety glasses in case of encountering toxic materials during the installation.
9. A technician has been asked to connect a new scanner to a computer. Which interface provides the fastest transfer of data?
10. A technician has been asked to develop a physical topology for a network that provides a high level of redundancy. Which physical topology requires that every node is attached to every other node on the network
11. Engineers are designing a security scheme to allow only authorized persons to access the facilities of a national bank. Which security control measure provides the most secure solution for employee identification?
12. Refer to the exhibit and consider the advertisement that is shown. Based on the advertisement, which statement is accurate regarding this motherboard?
>The Intel Core i7 processor supports a maximum bus speed of 1600MHz
13. A network administrator has been informed about a problem with the network printer. What is the most reliable way to prevent print jobs from being added to the queue while the printer is being repaired?
>Stop the print spooler
14. A Windows Vista computer does not display the thumbnail views of two windows that are currently minimized in the taskbar when the mouse pointer is placed over the appropriate tile on the taskbar. What is a possible solution to this problem?
>Enable the Graphics Options "Tray Icon" in the Taskbar and Menu Properties window
15. Which three ports should be left open to avoid filtering e-mail traffic?
16. What is the highest risk associated with improperly charged or mishandled batteries?
>The battery can explode.
17. When upgrading a CPU what must be applied between the new CPU and the heat sink/fan?
18. A technician is trying to explain USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 to a user in terms of speed. The user is having problems comparing the two standards based on the values expressed in Mbps. Which explanation can the technician use that will best describe the relationship?
>USB 2.0 is forty times as fast as USB 1.1.
19. Which Startup type must be selected for a service that should run each time the computer is booted?
20. The network manager decides to implement a simple security solution to the company WLANs. Which wireless security technique should the manager take to hide the WLAN id from any access point?
>Disable the broadcast of the SSID on the access point
21. A computer has been relocated and all the cables reconnected. When the computer is powered on, the correct POST audio signals are heard and the hard drive LED shows disk activity. However, the monitor fails to display anything. What are two possible causes of this problem?
>The monitor is connected to the integrated video adapter on the motherboard instead of the expansion slot adapter.
>The monitor cable connector is loose or disconnected because the retaining screws are missing
22. A technician has installed a third party utility that is used to manage a Windows XP computer. However, the utility is unable to startup automatically whenever the computer is started. What can the technician do to resolve this problem?
>Change the startup type for the utility to Automatic in Services
23. A technician is working on a laptop with a touchpad that fails to work. Which two actions can the technician take to try to repair the problem?
>Enable the touchpad in the system BIOS
>Ensure that the operating system has the correct driver for the touchpad
24. Which Windows hard drive partition is referred to as the C: drive?
>the first primary partition
25. Which interface can transfer data at a maximum speed of 480 Mbps?
26. A company has a preventive maintenance policy that requires every computer have a new restore point created every six months. How can a technician create the restore point?
>Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Create a restore point
27. Refer to the exhibit. What type of partition arrangement does this Windows XP computer have on its hard drive
>3 logical, 1 extended, 1 free space, 1 primary
28. Which two hazards are related to fiber optic installations?
>glass splinters that can penetrate the skin
>light that can burn the eyes
29. Refer to the exhibit. The IT department requested a new set of memory chips to upgrade the old laptops. A picture of the memory chip required is attached to the purchase order so the correct item can be bought.
Which type of memory module is the IT department expecting to receive?
30. Which two characteristics describe a software firewall?
>It typically protects only the computer it is installed on.
>It uses the CPU in the host computer
31. For a default installation of Windows XP Professional, which two settings are customizable?
32. Refer to the exhibit. Which utility has the IT department started on each computer?
33. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the information shown, which statement is true?
>The only PC allowed on the wireless network is the one with the MAC address 00:05:4E:49:64:87
34. Which recommendation should be observed when replacing existing memory?
>The new memory should be as fast or faster than existing memory.
35. Which feature is characteristic of the ntbackup command?
>It can be executed from a batch file.
0 komentar to "Practice Final Exam 11-16 - IT Essentials (Version 4.1)"
Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.
Cisco CCNA 2 (Version 4.0), Cisco CCNA Discovery (Version 4.0), Cisco IT Essentials (Version 4.1), Sport, Tips, Tutorials
- Blackberry (1)
- Cisco CCNA 2 (Version 4.0) (13)
- Cisco CCNA Discovery (Version 4.0) (10)
- Cisco IT Essentials (Version 4.1) (20)
- Download (7)
- Gadget (19)
- Game (2)
- Harga Laptop (4)
- Info (37)
- Infotainment (3)
- Internet (2)
- Keriusahaan (1)
- Kesehatan (3)
- Komik (1)
- Lost Saga (6)
- Lowongan Kerja (4)
- Motor (1)
- Movie (1)
- Music (1)
- Naruto (1)
- Point Blank (8)
- SEO (1)
- Sepak Bola (8)
- Software (3)
- Sport (7)
- Tips (16)
- Tutorials (32)